Learn about contaminants that may be in the water in Regina, Saskatoon, Weyburn, Estevan, Moose Jaw and the surrounding areas
Some contaminants make themselves known by their smell, taste, or visual appearance. However, there are many contaminants that may be in our local water that you cannot see, taste, or smell. A free home water test by one of our certified water specialists can help you identify the basics of what’s in your water and can then recommend additional testing if necessary. There is no cost or obligation for this service.
There are potentially unhealthy contaminants in your water you don’t want in your body…
Some common waterborne contaminants include:
- Bacteria & Viruses
- Emerging contaminants such as pharmaceuticals, personal care products (PCPs) and endocrine-disrupting compounds (EDCs) and PFAS (forever chemicals)
- lack of adequate, predictable and sustainable funding
- lack of recognition of Aboriginal rights
- potential infringement of Aboriginal and treaty rights
- lack of protection of source water
- insufficient engagement on issues that directly affect First Nations
Verified Local Reviews
Drinking Water Filtration System Saskatoon SK
The Best Drinking Water for Your HomeInfinite Water was founded in 1966 as a water treatment company offering drinking water filtration system and has been offering the best commercial and residential water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, water filters, bottled water, and more for decades in the Saskatoon area. We’ll give you a free water analysis and figure out the ideal water treatment system for your home or office application. We carry water softeners, filters, and RO systems from Infinite Water and Hellenbrand, and have everything from high quality affordable options to the highest tech items that can connect via wifi. Give us a call for a free consultation today. drinking water, drinking water filter system, drinking water filtration system, drinking water systems, drinking water testing near me, best faucet water filter, faucet filter, faucet water filter, water faucet filter, tap water, tap water filter, under counter water filter, best under sink water filter, sink filter, under sink reverse osmosis, under sink water filtration system, under the sink water filter, water filter for sink, best water to drink, potable water tanks, healthiest water to drink, potable, potable waterBuilt in counter, home, reverse osmosis, commercial, chome, under sink, residential, factory, simple, water purification, comparison, industrial, filter, water treatment, single stage, potable, water, 5 stage, schematic, outdoor, 6 stage water filter, basic, modern, advanced, countertop, premium, ultraviolet, tap water, workplace water, kitchen, biochar 615 Haskamp St #2 Saskatoon SK S7L 5W6 Phone Number: (306) 994-6133 Hours: 10 AM - 5 PM - Monday to Friday About Saskatoon SK: Infinite Water was founded in March 2014 by Amanda Machuk and Kalen Mazenc, who were both raised on multi-generational Saskatchewan farms. With respective backgrounds in management and psychology, they wanted to start a business but insisted on a trade that was essential, health-based, and genuinely helped people - something they could be passionate about. Water treatment was the industry that ticked all the boxes. Being raised in a small town that had a boil water advisory for over 10 years, Kalen knew firsthand how poor quality could negatively affect people's lives. And, it was discovered that Saskatchewan well water is known for having the hardest water and most complicated water chemistry of any area in the continent. Being able to grow a business in the province they love, while witnessing firsthand the benefits families in their community can enjoy by having ideal water quality was a dream come true. The Saskatoon branch was the first to open, with a Weyburn office opening its doors just 14 months later. 6 months after that, a branch location in Regina formed. In 2021, Regina expanded to a new location with twice the square footage, then added a second warehouse in 2023. With service technicians, installers, and sales reps based out of Melville, Emerald Park, Regina, Saskatoon, Hepburn, and Prince Albert, Infinite Water has built a large customer base across our expansive province by focusing on referral business from existing clients and has installed over 5,000 water systems province-wide, with over 3,200 annual service visits on various routes to every corner of Saskatchewan. Infinite Water has always focused on marketing to small towns and rural areas including farms, where the need is great and customers are often forgotten about by the city companies that can't or won't service the more remote areas of our expansive province (not affordably, anyways). It was found that there was a large gap in the existing water treatment market - companies are either branded which requires them to be exclusive to a particular brand (which greatly limit treatment options and affordability), focus only on one particular type of treatment (which prevents them from providing proper custom solutions for the individual household - there is no one size fits all approach in SK), or hold low-quality products manufactured in China. There is also a severe lack of water quality experts that possess water treatment designations through accredited institutions such as the Canadian Water Quality Association while having enough field experience to properly diagnose and treat problem rural water, including (or arguably, especially) at the "national brand" water companies. On the contrary, Infinite Water is 100% Saskatchewan-owned and independent, holding products from nearly every major manufacturer, allowing us maximum versatility, and with volume (full truckload) pricing and over 10,000 SKUs, we can access any non-proprietary water treatment equipment or consumables - from water softeners to iron filters to replacement filters - for better pricing than our competitors. The best system or water technology for your neighbor may not be best for you. And, by marketing North-American manufactured products with an industry-leading warranty combined with an included installation and ongoing service package, low-cost consumables, and custom-designed solutions, we believe we have created a product and service that is unique. We don't care about being the biggest, and we have no desire to scale past the borders of our own province. We are proudly local and have been financially healthy since our first month after opening our doors. Instead of focusing on rapid growth and endless profit growth, we are content with focusing our resources on providing the best care we can to our clients. We take pride in the fact that almost 50% of our new business comes from referrals and that we have maintained most of our prices since inception - as inflation has risen, our efficiency and volume pricing has improved to offset those costs. And, we love to hear clients' reaction in hearing that we don't charge mileage for annual service visits province-wide - whether our clients live in Lloydminster, Maple Creek, Oxbow, or Hudson Bay. We are big enough to have an established reputation with a strong customer base and field experience, but small enough for our owners and managers to remember you by name when you stop into our office or visit us at a tradeshow. And, supporting Infinite Water keeps your investment in our local economy. We hope you'll introduce yourself, and we'll try to help you in any way we can. We're less interested in selling you a new water system today and more focused on helping you in any way we can, in the process creating a relationship with you and your family that keeps you coming back to us as your go-to water treatment company for life. Directions: From 2625 Airport Dr Saskatoon, SK S7L 7L1, Canada Continue to Beam Rd 7 min (3.8 km) Head north 300 m Slight left 400 m Turn left Restricted usage road 2.7 km Turn right onto Range Rd 3060 400 m Continue on Beam Rd. Take SK-16 E to Haskamp St in Saskatoon 7 min (6.1 km) Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Beam Rd 2.1 km Turn right onto SK-16 E1.9 km Use any lane to turn slightly right onto SK-11 S/SK-12 S/SK-16 E 800 m Use the right lane to take the exit toward 51st Street/Airport/Avenue C 450 m Turn right onto Ave C North (signs for Avenue C) 900 m Turn right onto Haskamp St Destination will be on the left 10 sec (38 m) To 615 Haskamp St Saskatoon, SK S7L 5W6, Canada
Drinking Water Company Reviews:See why we are the top water purification company in Saskatoon. Google Reviews: Facebook Reviews: Yelp Reviews: Angie’s List: Home Advisor: BBB Reviews: https://www.bbb.org/ca/sk/saskatoon/profile/water-softener-supplies/infinite-water-solutions-0167-21510#bbbseal You may have found us by searching for some other common drinking water services:
What does the safe drinking water act say?(table)The safe drinking water act (SDWA) says that the quality of all drinking water must be protected and authorizes the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to establish minimum standards requiring all owners and/or operators of public water systems to comply with these standards. Under the Act, the EPA also establishes minimum standards for state programs to protect underground sources of drinking water.
What is the best water to drink?The best water to drink is the one that you will drink the most of and the most often. However, if you’re looking for a clear breakdown of the benefits to each kind, here is a quick list:
- Hydrogen Water: Technically the most healthy water to drink, hydrogen water contains hydrogen molecules that act as powerful antioxidants. The claim is these molecules are capable of helping your body neutralize harmful free radicals, reduce inflammation, & slow down aging.
- Alkaline Water: Classified as water with a pH level of 8 or above, Alkaline Water has become more popular because research shows that an alkaline diet is generally good for health as the body thrives when it is able to maintain a slightly alkaline pH. While low on minerals & nutrients, alkaline water has been shown to relieve symptoms of upset stomach, increase the body’s overall absorption of minerals by 30%, and reduce blood pressure by 15% (see study).
- Distilled Water: Distilled water has the highest level of purity and is almost sterile. Sometimes called demineralized or deionized water, distilled water is water that has had everything removed (including ions and minerals). So while it’s the purest form of water that you can get, it literally has nothing in it (good or bad). There are no harmful side effects to drinking distilled water but it is not recommended as the sole source of drinking water as it lacks basic minerals & nutrients that are beneficial in water.
- Bottled Water: Bottled water is a convenient way to access clean safe drinking water however, some large water brands have admitted that their bottled water is nothing more than filtered tap water and it comes with a large environmental cost due to its single serve plastic container. Bottled water also has a shelf life (yes, really) as the plastic leaches into the water overtime, effectively contaminating it.
- Boiled Water: While boiling your water is one of the cheapest ways to purify your water, boiling only kills pathogens and is not capable of removing other contaminants such as like lead, pesticides, nitrates and other chemicals. Boiling water also lends a very flat taste to the water which most people do not prefer.
- Tap Water: